Tuesday, December 29, 2009

*the* Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I call this *the* chocolate chip cookie recipe because this IS the one. I have been baking chocolate chip cookies since I was a little girl and this is the first recipe I have made that I about died when I ate the cookie. It's THAT good. I got the recipe from a girl in my ward. We had to make them for enrichment one night. I was terrified. I knew my record with good cookies. They'd be salty. They'd be crunchy, and people wouldn't eat them. I baked the first batch and followed the recipe exactly. They were delicious!!! I know it isn't me, its the cookie, but I got a lot of compliments that night! I was so thrilled and thats when this cookie became the cookie :)
Here it is:
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups butter, softened (4 sticks)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 sugar
2 3.4 oz boxes of vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups LARGE ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
Mix flour and soda, set aside. Cream butter and sugars then add pudding. stir in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips. Place large scoops of dough on pan. ( I use an ice cream scooper and the dough balls are between golf ball and tennis ball size or just under 1/2 cup) Only 6 cookies per sheet works well. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 min. Cookies will NOT look done, but they will set. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
p.s. that picture is NOT the real cookie. when I make them next time I'll take a real picture.

No comments: