Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spinich Artichoke Dip part 2!

If you read my earlier post- Spinich Artichoke dip part 1 you saw that I love applebees spinich dip and that I had tried the earlier recipe and had moderate love towards it. Well I googled applebees spinich dip and came across this new recipe! I tried it and I actually liked it a little better PLUS it's a bit cheaper to make, which is awesome!! I think I'm going to have to have a side by side taste test someday but I really did like this new recipe. The only downfall I thought it had was that it calls for jarred alfredo sauce. (yuck!) I was worried, but in the end it turned out pretty good! I couldn't taste the yicky sauce. Now of course you can buy nice sauce or even make your own (which I will try someday) but for this test purpose I went with the bertolli alfredo sauce.

Almost Applebees Spinich Artichoke Dip

1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1 10 oz box frozen chopped spinich, thawed and drained
10 oz prepared alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded parmesan-romano cheese blend
1 cup shredded motzarella cheese
4 oz (1/2 pkg) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. minced garlic

Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup motzarella cheese in a bowl. Mix them until well blended. spread into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining motzarella cheese and place in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

I put my artichoke hearts in a food processer to make it really small because I usually eat around the big chunks at applebees, but that made it a bit thicker. If you want it more soupy, I wouldn't do that. I really liked it though and replaced it as my go to spinich dip recipe :) I really hope that you try it and let me know what you think!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds so good...I say...Super Bowl?